Sunday, January 1, 2017

Running Log - 1/1/17: Yasso 800's & 18 mi LR (marathon in 10 wks)

Happy New Year Fellow Runners!  Here's hoping everyone had a fun and safe New Year celebration!
And for those brave enough to race on New Year's Eve / New Year's Day - I hope it went well.  You can legitimately say "it was your fastest race this year".

This week is my SECOND week on vacation.  I can get used to this.  Running-wise, another week marching toward my first marathon in March.  Highlights of the week include a Yasso 800 workout on Tuesday and my longest run EVER on Saturday.

Tuesday's Workout - Yasso 800s x 9.  I was spoiled this week and was able to run these on a HS track (since school is out this week).....my avg time for 800's was 2:56 (range from 2:52 - 2:58).  Last interval was 2:55, so I think I did a decent job pacing.  This would "indicate" my marathon time would be 2:55 - 3:00.

Mini Workout - Wednesday, since I had more time than when I'm working I went to the C and O and got in a nice 9.5 miles at easy effort.  This "long-ish" run on a day after Yasso 800's is not exactly "easy" for me, but I enjoyed it.  Good day.

Saturday Long Run -  My assignment is 18 miles - no speeding up, or anything complicated, just "run 18 miles".  So, that's what I did.  My longest run ever,  I feel "accomplishment".

UCAN Test - this week I tried drinking UCAN during my long run, as thats my strategy for fueling during my upcoming marathon.    So, prior to the run I took a half serving of UCAN and carried a half serving with me.  At mile 6, I started taking the second half of the serving - taking small drinks periodically.   After about a mile I was able to get most of it down without any (at least very little) stomach upset.  By mile 18 I was still good -fuel wise - so I'll keep trying this strategy on all my runs of 18 mi or longer.  I still don't love the taste, but it works.  

 Weekly Miles:  57 (+ 3 mi power walk)
Long Run: 18
Weight: ? (It's New Year's...who cares?)


Daily Workouts:
  • Monday:  56 minutes easy including strides toward the end.  7.1 mi / 7:55 pace or so.  Rolling and stretching.  Core work.  Hip mobility stuff.
  • Tuesday:  Yasso 800's x 9 on HS track.   avg 2:56.  9.9 mi incl with & cd.   ITB work.  Squats/deadlifts/pull-ups/push-ups.  Rollin and dynamic stretching.   
  • Wednesday:  72' easy on C&O.  Legs tired from yesterday, but not bad.  10.1 mi.  rolling and stretching.   9.5 mi.   Hip mobility
  • Thursday:  4.7  miles recovery /easy on roads around the house.  Legs still feeling a little heavy from Yasso on Tuesday.   Rolling and stretching.
  • Friday:  58 min easy including strides on C&O. 7.4 mi (7:50 pace).  Core work.  
  • Saturday:  18.1 mi on WOD - Leesburg to Purcelville and back.  Overall pace @ 7:25.  Even tho I kept the pace pretty much steady, this run really wiped me out...I feel a little guilty, but I moved my normal strength work on Saturday to Sunday.   
  • Sunday:  brisk walk of about 3 miles.  Hip mobility.  ITB  and strength work.  Squats and dead lifts.  Pull-ups and push ups.   Hip mobility.   Rolling and stretching.  
Happy New Year everyone!  May all your running dreams come true this year!

Back to work for me on Tuesday....ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment