I'm feeling a LOT better after 2 weeks post marathon, much better than I did last week.
Still taking it very easy, and legs are still beat up a little bit. But, I'm feeling better - slowly but surely- and no injuries to report - so all is well.
I didn't really have a "plan" for each day, except to do something, and run based on how my legs feel.
- Monday: 15 minutes on exercise bike, then 2 miles on TM about 8:45 pace. Feel a little tweak in my left calf (similar to after HM last November). If that doesn't go away by next week, I'm off to the physical therapist.
- Tuesday: 3.5 mi. around Spartanburg, SC. (business travel). Good to be in the South with warm weather. FINALLY, starting to feel better.
- Wednesday: OFF
- Thursday: 4 mi on TM.. Continuing to feel better. Still running super easy....light core work.
- Friday: 15' on exercise bike. 2 mi recovery on TM, about 8:15 pace. Feeling better
- Saturday - 5 mi. easy on roads around the house. Continuing to feel better.
- Sunday: 7 mi. on CandO towpath. Starting to feel completely back to normal. Nice to get on a trail. Avg pace a little under 8:00....what it "used to be like" before the marathon. Upper body strength work. Light core work.