Monday, March 30, 2020

Running Log: Week Ending March 29

Hello Runners.

Well....like all of you...still hunkered down and no races on the calendar.

I spent some time this week contemplating my Fall racing schedule, which seems odd in March but that's where we are. Both of my longer races in I had scheduled in March / April have been postponed to next year.  So, I already have two races scheduled for Spring 2021 (RNR DC Half and Cherry Blossom 10 miler).  That's weird (at least for me).

This week's training has been a 'Normal' week, with the exception of doing all my week day runs on roads around my house.  I'm starting to get a little bored with these roads, although I live in an area that's pretty good for running.....

I'm also doing more trail running.  Trail running doesn't normally fit into my schedule when I'm planning for road races, but since that's all gone to shit I'm going to do some 'exploring', and fit it in with a 'get back to nature' attitude (might even bring some granola with me - trees are still okay to hug, right?)

I decided to NOT run a track time trial next weekend.  I liked the idea, but it is a Team organized thing, we were planning to "gather", and it just feels a little irresponsible (and my wife said she wouldn't bail me out of jail if I was arrested for "gathering").  So, that's out.  I know if I tried a solo time trial I will not run well and then be frustrated.  So, going to continue looking at Fall racing.  Hell, a 4th of July 5k in sweltering heat doesn't sound too bad at this point!

I'm keeping the fitness up by doing a Workout during the week and weekend Long Run, just taking a little bit of the edge off.  Then, do some Trail running - found a section of the AT to run on Sunday, something new.  I didn't realize how technical and hilly it was; so that became more of a hike than run....but, so what?

Weekly Summary:
  • Miles: 57
  • Workout: 9 x half mile on TM at 10.5 mph w/0.5% incline.  1/4 recoveries.
  • LR: 14 mile Progression down to about Half pace. 

My general weekly schedule during this quarantine period for Monday-Sunday:
  •  Recovery / Easy / Workout / Recovery / Easy / Long Run / Trail Run
    • Workout / Long Run / Trail based on how I feel
    • Trying very hard to enjoy the run, be present, appreciate it.
    • Hip/core work and Leg Strength.  Foam roll/stretch.

Onward people.

No comments:

Post a Comment