Monday, March 16, 2020

Running Training Log: Week Ending March 15

Hello Runners.

This week's training focused first on recovering from a 10k last Sunday, then turned the focus to preparing for a HM in two weeks.

Monday & Tuesday were full on Recovery Runs. Wednesday I started feeling better, but still ran a fully conversational Easy run with a few strides.

Thursday Workout:
I scheduled a workout on Thursday (4th day after the race); with the intention of pulling the plug if I wasn't feeling it.  A workout 4 days after a 10k is pushing it slightly for me....

I ended up doing 20' at Lactate Threshold (as defined by Daniels at "what I can run for one hour).  I ended up getting in 3.4 miles at 6:15 pace; in the middle of a 9 mile run.  Felt okay, better than I thought I would post-race.


Sunday Long Run:
The half I was going to race on March 28th was cancelled.  So the next race that is still on my calendar is the Cherry Blossom 10 miler in three weeks.

I decided to continue with my planned LR of 14 miles with 2 x 3 miles at HMP.

Week Summary:

  • Mileage: 55
  • Workout: 20' @ LT (6:15 pace)
  • Long Run: 16 w/2 x 3 at HMP (6:25 / 6:20).

Daily Details:
  • Monday:  6 miles recovery.  (8:30 pace).  Lotsa pressure point therapy/foam rolling/mobility.
  • Tuesday: 7.3 miles still recovery (8:20 pace).  Hip/core maintenance work.  Foam rolling.
  • Wednesday: 7.5 miles Easy with Strides (7:55 pace - more like it).  Upper body strength.  Rolling/mobility.
  • Thursday: 9.3 miles with 3.4 @ LT.  Big leg strength.
  • Friday:  7.1 Easy.  Beginning today I'm working from home.  Office closed through end of next week.
  • Saturday: 4 miles Easy.  Strides.  Hip/core maintenance.
  • Sunday: 14 miles with 3 miles at 6:25 / then 2 miles at 6:20.

13 days till RNR DC Half21 days till Cherry Blossom 10 miler.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment