Monday, February 24, 2020

Runnin Log Week Endin: Feb. 23

Hello Runners.

Another "normal" training week, and that's great.

I moved my Tuesday workout to Wednesday (since my LR last week was Sunday instead of Saturday).  Overall mileage in the mid 50's; so nothing special there either.

I did add some plyometrics work on Thursday, after a Recovery Run.  I did 'Depth Jumps'; just one set of 8, and then two-leg hops in a square pattern; in the continued spirit of trying new things.  I don't know if plyos are best after an Easy run or workout.  I heard they are better when my legs are not as tired, so I tried it after the Recovery day.  Nothing special to report, except my jumping ability is pretty bad.  After watching a few YouTube videos, and then seeing my height in the gym mirror - I'm not getting much height at all.  But, maybe that's why I should be doing them(?)

On a side note; I ran all 7 days again this week.  Up until a few weeks ago, I ran 6 days a week at most.  I started doing 7 days when some friends wanted to switch the Saturday LR for Sunday.  Really, the only change is going from a 'walk' on the 7th day to a Recovery run of 4-5 miles.  So far, so good.  Haven't noticed any niggles, etc.

Wednesday's Workout:
5 x 1:00 at mile pace with 1' Easy; 10 minute jog; then 4 x 4' at CV with 1:30 Easy.  I did the workout on the road; at my mile pace this works out to about 300m per rep.  So, roughly 1500 meters of mile pace work.  And - I did the faster mile work before the CV reps for the second time in a row.  This time, I did a longer jog between and that seemed to help with the CV pace work.  (For those that don't know - CV pace stands for Critical Velocity - and is a Tinman thing - it's really around 10k pace for someone with my ability).  I'm focusing on the mile pace work, since I have an indoor track 2k race on Feb. 29th.

Long Run:
Saturday was my first Long Run with my Team; Athletics East (AE).  AE is a 'Master's Track Team' in the DC area.  It was fun to see the guys (yes, all Guys right now) and have a nice run.  Ended up with 15 miles; 2 x 2 miles at HMP. (6:25 - 6:30 / mile pace).  It was nice having a couple guys with me on the fast sections - usually a group Long Run breaks up on the fast sections, then re-gather for the Easy potion.  Having a couple guys right there at 6:30 pace was fun.

Summary:
  • Weekly mileage: 56
  • Workout: mile reps followed by CV reps.
  • LR:  15 w/ 2 x 2 @ HMP

Dailies:
  • Monday:  6 miles Recovery (LR on Sunday).  Extra foam rolling/mobility.
  • Tuesday: 7.5 miles Easy with Strides.   Hip/core maintenance work.
  • Wednesday: 9.5 mile Workout:  Mile reps/CV reps.  Big leg strength work.
  • Thursday: 5.5 miles Recovery.  Upper body strength.  Foam role/mobility.
  • Friday: 7.5 miles Easy with Strides.   Hip/core maintenance work.
  • Saturday: 15 miles with Team.  4@HMP
  • Sunday:  4 miles Recovery.  Extra foam rolling/mobility. 

Bonus:  I just found out I will be able to run the Cherry Blossom 10 miler in DC!  A team mate of mine got in, but can't run.  So, I got the 'bib transfer'.  Nice!

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment