Monday, February 10, 2020

Training Log: Week Ending Feb. 9th

Hello Runners.

Whew! I've been racing a lot lately.  5k on Jan. 1st; 3k and 1500 in Jan. 19th; 10k on Feb. 2nd.

Not sure how many folks out there are like me, but I enjoy training; I like a good training week.  I'm looking forward to a few weeks where I can get the training mojo going (my next race is Feb. 29th; a 2k on an indoor track).

Since I raced a 10k on Sunday last week, I didn't plan a proper workout during the week, to make sure I recover before going hard again.  I did surprise myself a little during my planned MLR (medium-long run) on Wednesday.  I was feeling pretty good, and started to slightly increase the pace, but not go too hard.  Turns out I ran the last 8 miles of the MLR at 7:00 pace with the last two miles at 6:55 and 6:43; never feeling like I was pushing at all.  7:00 pace is only 10 seconds slower than my MP in November, I haven't tried any runs around MP since then, it was a nice reminder that I still have that gear, and feels pretty comfortable.

The Long Run this week didn't include any faster paces.  Went 16 miles on a slightly hilly course in about 7:40 pace.  That's my longest run since the marathon, and it went pretty well.  Stayed conversational the whole time (Literally - I ran with a friend and we talked the whole time).  Really makes time fly by.

Weekly Summary:
  • Mileage: 56
  • Workout:  N/A (but did speed up some on Wednesday's MLR)
  • Long Run: 16 miles about 7:40 pace.

Dailies:
  • Monday:  6.5 miles Recovery.  Lotsa foam rolling / stretching.
  • Tuesday: 7.7 miles Easy.  Hip / core maintenance work.
  • Wednesday: 10 mile MLR (last 8 at 7:00 pace)
  • Thursday: 6 miles Recovery
  • Friday: 8 miles Easy with strides.  Hip / core maintenance work.
  • Saturday: 16 mile LR.
  • Sunday: 4 miles Recovery 

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment