I'm happy that I've run over 50 miles / week the last 3 weeks. First time I've had that kind of consistency at higher mileage (for me).
This week is more of the same as week, except I've cut back the Long Run a little bit, the 17 miler last week left me drained for a few days....and I would rather not take the chance of over-training as I get closer to the race.
Note on warm-up: Prior to every run I do some leg swings (front and sideways). Iron cross type swings, and the "Lunge Matrix" (see CoachJayJohnson). I really think this helps getting warmed up, provides some strength, and helps avoid injury. Takes about 5 minutes......my 2 cents.
Weather - it's been WARM this week! Kinda like Summer is back. Not that I mind it this week, but hope it cools off next week.
Cooled off some for my Sat long run, but SUPER windy - about 30 MPH. Used UCAN again for my long run. I was hoping I would get used to it, but still gotta choke it down and it causes some stomach upset, but not bad enuf that I'll stop using it. Got in 5 miles of HM pace work, and it felt good...but maybe too hard of an effort?
Next week start tapering. Probably a good thing, my legs are feeling a little overcooked.
Weekly Mileage: 51
Long Run: 14
- Monday: 56 min easy on WOD. Legs STILL a little tired from Long Run on Saturday. WOD in Herndon. 7.0 mi / 8:05 pace. Core work. Rolling and stretching.
- Tuesday: 10 miles with 4 x
(8' tempo / 3' float), (5' tempo / 3' float). Legs were heavy and tired today. Had to cut back the tempo work some. Bummer. Good days and bad days, right? Upper body strength, single leg squats / single leg dead lifts.
- Wednesday: 40 min easy. Recovery. 5.1 mi / rolling and stretching. WOD in Herndon.
- Thursday: 60 min easy. 7.7 miles. Hip mobility. WOD in Herndon. FINALLY feeling recovered and good again....
- Friday: 58 min easy. 7.1 mi. Core. WOD in Herndon
- Saturday: 14 miles with mi 9-13 @ HM effort (6:45/6:52/6:28/6:23/6:33) - variance in pace is due to uphill/down hill. Overall pace = 7:12. Feel pretty good. Hard effort. Upper body work, ITB rehab work, single leg squats.
- Sunday: 2 mile "brisk walk". Rolling/stretching/hip mobility/leg swings. Feeling tight.