Sunday, May 6, 2018

Running Log - Week Ending May 6

Hello Fellow Runners.

Breaking News:  Today Rupp ran the Prague marathon in 2:06, and I gotta admit I'm a little excited about it.  It's fun to have an American mixing it up with the East Africans.  He's done well in Championship type races - now he has a fast time to go with the medals.


Now on to less exciting things, like my weekly running....

____________

Well....so far, so good this week.... I'm still on the "getting fitness back" train.  This week I extended my Tuesday workout and was able to pick up the pace at the end of my 10 mi. Long Run.

I'm trying to "let the fitness come to me", or "sneak up on me", or whatever the saying is.  I'm already starting to feel the tug of doing LESS prehab work (strength and mobility) as the miles pile up, only because of time/sleep constraints.  So far, I'm sticking to it, but it's a "re-commitment" almost daily.

Mileage:     40 (highest mpw so far....)
Long Run:  10 (Last 2 @ 7:15 and 6:40)
Workout:    6 x (5' tempo by feel / 2' E)  Tempo pace turned out to 6:50 - 7:05
Weight:      143 (avg for the week - first thing in the morning)

Tuesday's Workout:  was good.  Way back, before I got hurt, the workout tempo pace I did this week was my MP.  I held back some to make sure I was able to keep the effort on the last rep the same as the first rep.  Feel good about it.  I "feel" the fitness coming back.

Saturday's Long Run:  10 miles didn't feel as far this week as it did last week - so, that's good.  I was huffing and puffing pretty good to get the last mile around 6:40.  The first 8 miles was around 7:50 pace, which is about right for the shape I'm in right now.

Weight:  is more something I notice than trying to get to a specific number.  Last year, when I ran consistently my weight was about 140.  My diet is much better now than it was last year.  Not sure yet if that will affect my weight - it's more about "healthy food" than "calorie restriction".  But, I have noticed I've dropped a few lbs since my weekly mileage has gotten above 35 for a few weeks in a row now.

Nothing else too exciting to report....

Carry on fellow runners......

No comments:

Post a Comment