Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Running Log - Week Ending May 28

Hello Fellow Runners.

Back at this week, after cutting back last week.  Doing the "normal" week of Tuesday workout and Saturday long run, while running 6 days.

I usually mention only my workout and long on here, but for those more interested in details...here are the "Dailies" of a usual week.

  • Monday - 50' (E)asy on soft surfaces whenever possible. Hip mobility
  • Tuesday - Workout - 60' with some kind of faster running.  Hip / core / upper body strength
  • Wednesday - 60' E (when the mileage picks up some, this becomes a MLR in the Pfitz plans)
  • Thursday - 30' Recovery.  Moving the legs.  Could cross-train here if I'm feeling run down.
  • Friday - 50' E with Strides. Hip mobility
  • Saturday - Long Run.  SLR / Faster finish alternating. Hip / core / upper body strength.
  • Sunday - off or walk.
  • Everyday:  Mobility, foam rolling, stretching.
Mileage:  43
Workout: 8 x (3' Fast / 2' Steady)
Long Run: 11
Weight: 143

Workout - Oooofffffahhh.  Haven't tried to actually run "Fast" in a LONG time.  This week's workout of 8 x (3' Fast / 2' Easy) was a little humbling, not nearly as fast as I thought it would go, but I got the heart rate up and practiced trying to get the pace up.  When I was in shape last year, this would have translated to an 800m / 400m workout.  The distances were not there this week.  But, I'm building back, so "I'll take it in stride" as they say.

Long Run - on the C&O to get more time on a softer surface.  First time I really felt "over heated" this year.  So, the heat acclimation begins!

Trails - I spent more time on trails this week for my easy runs.  Grass / dirt / mud.  Nice change of pace, and let's me completely forget about pace and just go run for a specific amount of time.  I should do this for all my easy days, but sometimes I'll check the watch when it beeps every mile....

Injuries - all my old injuries are staying at bay.  I'm keeping up with the exercises / stretches I've been assigned by the PT.  My right calf is still "tight", but extra attention to rolling and stretching seems to be working.  The miles on "softer surfaces" is probably helping as well.


Okay, that's all for this week.  Happy trails.





1 comment: