Sunday, June 18, 2017

Running Log - Week Ending June 18

Hello Runners, and Happy Father's Day to all those Dad's out there!  (Pets count).

This week I'm gearing toward a 4 mile race and a 5k.  So, instead of a LR on Saturday I did a 5k workout.  AND...my Son's HS graduation was on Tuesday - so that became an off day.  College locked and loaded (thank you 529 Plan...ooopff!)

 AND...my daughter asked me to run a 5k with her today (Father's Day) - so the emphasis this week is family....and it's been very gratifying.

Since Tuesday is an off day, I increased a my mileage a little on Monday and ran a pretty hilly route, to give me a 'mini-workout', and moved my Tempo workout from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Wednesday's Tempo - Plan was 5 x 6' @ tempo w/ 2' jog recoveries.  Got through 4 repeats and called it quits.  It was really hot and humid.  Still a good workout - I'll call "heat acclimation".

Saturday AFTERNOON workout on the track - since I'm racing next Saturday at 7:30 PM I thought it would be a good idea to do my workout this week in the late afternoon to mimic conditions next week.  I've never run any run at all after noon before - ever.  So, I wasn't sure how my stomach, etc would handle it.  (I had a normal lunch around noon, a small snack around 3p and started my warm-up around 6p).  Despite being really hot and humid, everything was fine.  My workout was 2x1200; 3x800; 1x400; 1x200 w / 400 jog recoveries except after the 400 I did a 200 jog recovery.  The 1200's and 800's were around 5k pace (4:27 / 4:25 / 3:01 / 2:58 / 2:57).  The 400 and 200 I ran faster, almost all out (1:22 / :39).  Happy with the paces considering it was 90 degrees and really humid.

Sunday 5k race (Run with Dad) with my daughter....(jog / walk...in place of my normal Sunday recovery walk)  She is getting into running, but still in the jog / walk phase.  Nice to spend the morning with her!  "Before" pic below (butt photo bomb - bonus!).



__________

Weekly Mileage: 42
Long Run: N/A
Weight: 140
____________
  Daily Work:
  • Monday:  10.3 mi around house with lotsa hills.  Strength work, core, ITB rehab stuff.  
  • Tuesday: OFF.  HS graduation.
  • Wednesday:  8 miles with 4 x 6' @ tempo / 2' jog recovery. 
  • Thursday: 5.5 miles easy / recovery.  roll and stretch. 
  • Friday:  60' E on WOD.  7.5 mi.  Myrtle. Core
  • Saturday:  Track.  2x1200, 3x800, 1x400, 1x200.  (4:27 / 4:25 / 3:01 / 2:58 / 2:57 / 1:22 / :39) w/400 jog recovery in around 2:30 (except 200 recovery after 400).  11 mi total with wu and cd.  
  • Sunday:  "Run with Dad" Father's Day 5k.  Jog / walk with my Pnut.  Strength / ITB rehab.
Onward.....

No comments:

Post a Comment