So, this is week 2 or "normal" training - this is a training week with more than two weeks to a race.
Like last week, I'm doing a MLR on Wednesday and a LR on Saturday. Difference - last week I did a mile race on Monday - this week I did a tempo run on Tuesday.
I realized on Monday, that my 15 miler last Saturday took a little more out of me than I realized (I ran faster than planned - and really enjoyed the run - but it had some consequences). I was still noticeably sore on Monday, and I "think" it had some impact on Tuesday's workout....
Tuesday's Workout - Plan: 2 x 2 mi @ tempo with half mile recovery. The first 2 mi effort went well, about at pace planned (6:21/6:23), the second time around it was NOT happening - so I decided to break it up into 1 mile efforts, which ended up being around 6:30 / 6:45 with about 0.3 mile easy running between. Dunno if it was still hang over from Saturday's run, or just a crappy day. Learning....
Wednesday's MLR -11 miles around 7:40 pace. Feeling a little better than yesterday's workout.
Saturday LR - 15 miles on C and O towpath. Kept the pace closer to my goal pace for LRs. 7:26 avg trying for 7:30.
Color Run! My daughter asked my wife and I to do the "Color Run" at her HS to help raise money, etc. So...all three of us did it. I stayed with my wife...walk / jog / walk. After my LR. Got good and wet and colorful!
Sometimes the most memorable and rewarding races are not about times or PR's....matchy matchy down to the cool shades!
Weekly Mileage: 54
Long Run: 15
- Monday: 7.5 miles Easy with strides. Core work. WOD. 8:10 pace.
- Tuesday: 8.5 mi with 2 / 1 / 1 mi @ tempo with 0.4 / .03 / 0.3 easy running recovery. Strength work (incl. kettle bell swings / single leg squat / single leg dead lift with kettle bell / single arem rows / dumb bell chest press). Rolling and stretching.
- Wednesday: 11.2 mi MLR (7:40 pace). Roll and stretch. Left calf and butt, still need alittle extra work.
- Thursday: 5 miles easy / recovery. roll and stretch.
- Friday: 60' E around the house. Winery and wooded trails....great morning. 7.5 mi. Myrtle.
- Saturday: 15 on C and O tow path @ 7:26. Color run walk.
- Sunday: 2.8 mi walk. Lotsa rolling and stretching