Sunday, December 15, 2019

Training Log - Week Ending Dec. 15th

Hello Runners.

This is the fourth week since the marathon, I'm officially, calling this my first week of "normal" running (that is....not recovering).  It's more a mentality shift, than any dramatic physical changes.

My back is pretty much good again (but, still doing extra work to get stronger / more mobility).  And, I'm going to get back to the Tuesday workout, Saturday LR routine - in baby steps.

Week Summary:
  • Weekly Mileage: 47 miles.
  • Tuesday's Workout: 10' LT + 2 x (4' CV / 1:30 jog).  I ran the Tempo and first CV rep way too fast      (going by feel), and then half-assed the 2nd CV rep since I was already gassed.  But, good to run fast again....
  • Saturday LR: 12.5 miles.  I was planning on a few at Tempo, but wasn’t feeling it, so I kept the whole run at easy pace.  

Daily:
  • Monday: 7 miles easy.  Strides.  Hip / back strength and mobility / rolling.  Upper body strength.
  • Tuesday: 8 mile workout.  Hip strength big movements (squat / leg curl / heel raise)
  • Wednesday: 8 miles easy.   Hip / back strength and mobility.  Foam rolling.
  • Thursday: 4.5 miles easy / recovery.  I'm learning to embrace Recovery miles, today's run was at 8:45 pace mostly on a golf course.  Hip / back foam roll / mobility.
  • Friday: Same as Monday.
  • Saturday:  12 Easy

Side Note:  I've found a couple guys that are around my speed (similar PR's) I'll be able to run with as I build and get ready for Spring races.  I expect we'll be able to run a couple of the same races.  I've always like the "team aspect" of sport, I have fond memories of my cycling team (many years ago), when we would work together to get one of us to the front at the end of races.  Having someone to work with to receive / give support makes the effort more rewarding.  I can balance this against my competitive nature to beat everyone else....(ying / yang or something like that).

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment