Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Weekly Training Log: Richmond Marathon in 13 Days

Hello Runners....


This week I started the "taper" for Richmond Marathon.


My weekly training is built around a Tuesday workout and Saturday LR.  The LR usually includes some faster paced work, so it doubles as my second workout of the week.


Tuesday workout this week, I've done one or twice before during this build up; a combination of MP and HMP over 9 miles.  MP average was 6:46 / HMP average was 6:29.  A little fast on the MP miles.  Actually a pretty hard day with 18 days till race.  Future workouts will keep MP, but will be shorter.

Saturday's LR is shorter tho, at 14 miles w/ 7 @ MP effort. I did this run from my brother's house in Kansas a very hilly dirt road, so I really focused on how the effort felt and ignored the pace (best I could).   My LR over the last 9 weeks has been at least 18 miles.  Funny, how I can 'get used' to the longer runs - so that 14 miles seems 'short'.  I guess that's the point....


The Easy days this week are shorter from Wednesday on...the actual start of the taper.


Summary

  • Tuesday Workout:  11 miles.  4@MP / 1 @ HMP / 3 @ MP / 1 @ HMP
  • Long Run:  14 miles with 7 @ MP effort.  (MP average = 6:46) on a quite hilly route.
  • Mileage Total: 52.  A 13% reduction from 60 mpw (about the average over the last 6 weeks).  20% reduction from my highest mile week (64 miles).
Daily Detail: 

  • Monday:  8 miles Easy / Strides
  • Tuesday: 11 miles with  9 @ MP / HMP.
  • Wednesday:  9 miles Easy - "Medium Long Run"
  • Thursday: 4 miles Recovery.
  • Friday: 6 miles Easy / Strides.
  • Saturday: 14 miles with 7 @ MP.
  • Sunday:  2 mile recovery walk. 

Legs feel sorta stale, but MP is coming easily and feels "comfortable".

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment